Monday, September 22, 2014

It's a kinda magic

Hello and welcome to another installment of Eccentric Spheres!

As promised last week, we're talking about magic today. No, not Gandalf, Merlin and Potter, but rather Houdini, Copperfield and Blaine.

I've always loved magic. The showmanship, the skill and the “how the F**k did he do that”.
But as much as I love to watch it, it also frustrates me. A mystery is great but satisfying my curiosity is better.
That's why I was so pleased to find Magic's Biggest Secrets Revealed on Youtube.

The concept is simple. The Masked Magician performs a trick and then reveals how it's done. And I've learned so much. Of course, if you want to remain in blissful ignorance then do not watch this show!

The tricks range from some of of the greatest illusions made famous by magicians like Harry Houdini, David Copperfield, David Blaine and Chris Angel, but you also get to see how small up-close illusions work.

I've watched eleven episodes so far, and my only criticism is the narrator. He is vitally important since the Masked Magician does not speak and neither does his beautiful assistants. The narrator however never stops drooling over the girls. Yes they are very pretty, but after a few episodes, you kinda wish the guy could get over it.

I'm linking the first episode below, but if you want to see more, I'm sure you can figure out how. So until next week, on with the show!



No comments: