Monday, June 30, 2014

The End of the summer (sale)

The end of my summer vacation coincides almost perfectly with the end of the Steam Summer Sale. These incidents coupled with the rather lousy weather we've had today has me in an almost autumnal mood.

I figure the best cure is a pizza followed by some sweet gaming. After all I had a fairly successful sale this year. The final haul looks like this; Banished, E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy, Hitman: Absolution (with Hitman: Sniper Challenge included), Starpoint Gemini 2, Stronghold HD and Tomb Raider (2013).
So six games total. Not that much I know. A friend confessed to buying about 30 games this sale, and I have to wonder how he found so many to buy. In past sales I've bought more, but that's due to my library being smaller. It's only natural that as my collection grows, there will be fewer games I want to buy. Even if money wasn't an issue, I'd be hard pressed to find 30 games I'd want. Oh well, at least I got a couple I've really wanted for a while, and a couple I've been considering a bit.

In an effort to not buy what I don't play, I decided to go back to Dishonored (I also bought the final DLC my library was lacking) and finished the whole thing, including both story based DLCs The Knife of Dunwall and The Brigmore Witches. I can honestly say I'm blown away. This is sucha good game, and both the story and the world are absolutely wonderful. If you like stealth games or steampunk get this game. It's well worth it. Particularly since you get different endings depending on whether you play with High Chaos (kill everything) which is easier or Low Chaos (kill as little as possible) which is harder but almost more satisfying. I look forward to ghosting as many levels as possible.

That's it for me. I'm pretty exhausted from being back to work so I'm going to assassinate my pizza. Cya next week!

No comments: