Monday, June 9, 2014

Did you know?

Greetings and Salutations on this balmy summer morning (sort of).

My vacation continues quietly, just the way I like it. But none the less, I figured I'd try a little bit harder than last week, so this week you get some interesting historical facts.

You can pull this out at parties or at the office to fill gaps in conversation or just to seem smart, here we go:

  • The Bank of America was originally called the Bank of Italy.
  • The shortest war in history, England vs. Zanzibar, lasted 45 minutes.
  • Women were first allowed to vote in 1895, in New Zealand.
  • Contrary to popular belief, the trains in Italy didn't run on time under Mussolini.
  • Stalin studied to become a priest in his youth, before he funded the revolution by robbing banks.
  • George Washington was given the chance to become King of America, but he said (and I don't quote), We didn't fight a war against one King George just to get another King George.

That's all my sleepy brain allows me to come up with today.

Until next week!

No comments: