Monday, May 24, 2021

Grand Theft Auto

 

Say what you will about the Grand Theft Auto franchise, but it is incredibly popular. I myself have played many of the games, particularly GTA V.

Why am I bringing this up? It's because I found a great video documenting the entire history of this best selling series. It even goes beyond GTA itself, starting in the old Lemmings days in the 90's, and ending today.

I was originally planning to go through the games I've played, detailing the good, the bad and the ugly, but I'm a bit slammed so I have to keep it short.

In essence, I tried GTA 1 a little bit, played most of GTA 3, nearly completed GTA Vice City, rage quit GTA San Andreas, played some of GTA 4 and GTA 5, but the majority of my time played is in GTA Online. Online in a private lobby that is, since I abhor the trolling and hacking that has become so prevalent in Online, which has become even worse since the game was free on the Epic Game Store. Lots of people bragged about using bots to grab as many copies as possible in order to render a game ban irrelevant when engaging in blatant hacking and cheating. So why play there? Simply because I can play MY character not the weirdos Rockstar is so fond of. I haven't really liked a GTA main character since Vice City which was released in 2002.

Anyway, please enjoy this wonderful history of Grand Theft Auto, the ups and downs of its history, the technological advances it has pushed and the controversies it has engendered.

Join me again next time and until then, have a great and safe week!


Direct link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poKPUS7pu5Y

 

 

No comments: