Monday, April 4, 2016

The whole rotten saga

One Sunday evening, back in the early 90's, I flopped down on the couch for some creative channel surfing.
On BBC World, I found something with a castle, which peaked my interest. I like castles, you see. Then I saw Rowan Atkinson, who I recognized from Mr. Bean, but this wasn't that. Oh no, this was my first glimpse of Blackadder, and I've been hooked ever since.

I have long since lost count of how many times I have watched the four original seasons, but I still know most lines by heart, even though it's been more than twenty years now. I have seen the specials, Blackadder back and forth, The Blackadder Christmas special and the Cavalier Years. They're good, but not as good as the originals.

Last week, I stumbled on Blackadder – The Whole Rotten Saga, and thought to my self, Hello, a new special? Alas, no. It's not a new special but rather a 90 minute documentary about the show. Interviews with all the original actors, the writers and producers. If you ever watched Blackadder and thought it was funny, you should watch this, you really should.

So here you go, The whole rotten saga:

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi2bX2u5HpA




No comments: