Monday, January 6, 2014

Civilized zombies?

I almost forgot to blog today, and there's a very good reason for it.
During the Steam Holiday Sale, I picked up two very good yet pretty different games.

First I bought Project Zomboid. This is a zombie survival horror game where you almost certainly will die. It's both challenging and exciting.
Although it looks pretty old-school, it hides some fairly advanced things under it's pixalated surface.
You create a survivor, and then you have to forage for everything. Food, water, bandages etc. you have to be careful not to eat raw or burned food. You have to cover the windows so the zombies don't see you and break in. You have to find something to do when you're hiding out.

Project Zomboid is still unfinished, but like so many good indie games, it'll constantly evolve in part thanks to it's mod base.

I'm looking forward to when the multiplayer gets implemented.


The other reason I nearly forgot to post today is Civilization V. as any player of the venerated Civ series knows, “just one more turn” can mean three hours gone.
So far I find Civ V to be as good as the first one was back in the day (1991), and I crave your indulgence dear readers, but I have to cut this short today. I have enemies to crush and greatness to achieve!

See you all next week.

No comments: