Monday, July 15, 2013

From there to here

Long long ago, in an era shrouded in the mists of time, also known as the early 1990's, I watched the TV series Jeeves and Wooster. This was the first time I had ever seen the brilliant comedic chemistry of Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie.

After J&W ended, the channel aired the first season of their new sketch show, A bit of Fry and Laurie. Later still I tripped over Blackadder on BBC, and though neither Fry nor Laurie feature at all in the first season, they did appear in the following three seasons with varying frequency.

Over the years, they have both become household names, with many successes on their own. But how did it all begin? How did they meet? Can they even agree how it happened?

To my delight I stumbled upon the following video one evening, and I figured some of you, my readers, might get the same enjoyment out of it I did.

Happy viewings! 


Edit: i had a problem with the embed file, so here's the first part:



Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5

No comments: