Monday, May 4, 2020

The Adventures of Grundorn

Well, it looks like corona is keeping us all inside a bit longer, so to pass the time, I have some entertainment for you.

A little over a month ago, my wife found this chap on Youtube called Frithgar. He makes gaming videos. He plays different games but it seems the Farming Simulator games are some of his favorites. Not that I really know as I don't care about the farming franchise.
No, what we've been watching is the adventures of Grundorn the Paladin. Another of Frithgar's passions is World of Warcraft and the idea is that in Episode 1, he creates Grundorn and then he starts leveling up until he is 120. For all the faults and sins of Blizzard these days, wow is still a great game and it's been a blast watching the (mis)adventures of Grundorn the Insane.

I have tried to watch different people play wow through the years and this is the first time it has worked for me. Probably because Frithgar is so nice. He's charming in a natural and relaxed way and he's not cocky and he doesn't brag. Not even when he has pulled seven enemies at once and he managed to kill them all. No, he celebrates with genuine happiness and pride but never arrogance.
I have seen others (who shall remain nameless) who sit there on camera and go “I'm the best F-ing tank on the server. Did you see my timing? Pure art, I'm that awesome!”

Not Frithgar. This doesn't mean he is perfect however. If you play wow or similar games and you are fastidious in keeping your inventory clean and organized, well, content warning for you my friend. Grundorn's bags are eternally messy and he loves to carry around a lot of stuff that belongs in his bank. It can be infuriating but it is still worth it!

So if you need something to watch and relax with, I highly recommend this series. The adventures of Grundorn are complete and he has just recently started a new series with a dwarf hunter, but I know nothing about that. I'm somewhere in the 80's in this 319 episode series, so there is much left to enjoy.


Join me again next time, and until we meet again, stay safe, wash your hands and have a great week!

No comments: