Monday, June 22, 2015

Summer (sale) is over

The Steam Summer Sale is almost over for 2015. As I write this, the Encore Deals have seven hours left.

It's been a good sale though. I picked up a couple of games that I've been meaning to get in order to play with friends, like the Steampunk airship combat game; Guns of Icarus. I got to try it yesterday and it's really cool.

I also went totally retro with The Last Door, a horror point and click adventure game that makes the original Monkey Island look sophisticated graphically. But for having such incredibly simple graphics it really carries a potent punch when it comes to atmosphere and story. Very cool game.

Apart from rounding out my collection on a couple of points, the one event this sale that stood out was Grand Theft Auto V. Now I had the game already, but I decided to pick up a good deal on cash cards for GTA Online. However it didn't work. Annoying as this was, a quick email to Rockstar sorted it out in a couple of days. They apparently had a lot of trouble with this, since a cursory glance at their troubleshooting page found well over 600 people with the same problem I had. But it's all good now though.

All in all it was a good sale, but perhaps a bit underwhelming. This can of course be my own fault for being too picky and stingy. Who knows, but it's always fun to refresh the page and see what's on sale.

That's it for today. I'm pretty busy but hopefully I'll have something better next time.

So until then, have a great week!


No comments: